Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Amigur... What?!

Lets talk about amigurumi... if you haven't heard of these sweet little crocheted animals/dolls/toys, you are missing out!  They are adorable and fairly easy to make if you can crochet in the round.  (Note, you can also knit amigurumi, but I am not at that stage in my knitting career yet.)  One of the very first crochet projects I made was this elephant for my mom... He's rather cute, if I say so myself!


Since then, I've made turtles, rats, and most recently, a unicorn.  These are among dozens of other projects, mostly for my many cousins' babies.




There are several great amigurumi pattern books out there, but a few of my favorites are by Ana Paula Rimoli, you can check out her designs, many of which are featured in her books, at her Etsy store


One of the great things about these kinds of projects, is that once you know the basics, you can use your imagination and go for it.  The giraffe and turtle below were done without patterns, but were inspired by various pictures I found on Google.  If you are ready to start crocheting, this might just be a great place to get started... after all, all you need is sc!

No comments:

Post a Comment